M3 reserves the right to change or modify these Terms, or any policy or guideline of the Services, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions on the Services, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Terms and all applicable policies and guidelines to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, you must stop using the Services.
If you have any questions regarding the Services, please contact M3 at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Assumption of RiskInformation provided by M3, through the Services or otherwise, is provided for informational purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. In the case of a medical emergency, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. M3 assumes no responsibility for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based on information provided through the Services. You assume all risks associated with using the Services.
3. Additional TermsWhen you purchase a subscription to use the Services, you may also be subject to additional terms, which are hereby incorporated by reference. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and such additional terms, the additional terms will govern.
4. Eligibility, Registration and AccountThe Services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. By accessing and using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
In order to access certain areas and features of some of our Services, you will need to register for an account. You agree to (a) provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating an account; (b) maintain and promptly update your account information; (c) maintain the security of your account by not sharing your password with others and restricting access to your account and your computer or mobile device; (d) promptly notify M3 if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to the Services; and (e) take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and accept all risks of unauthorized access.
5. Copyright and Limited LicenseUnless otherwise indicated, the Services and all content and other materials on the Services, including, without limitation, the M3 logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, videos, information, data, software, sound files and other files, and the selection and arrangement thereof, (collectively, the "M3 Materials") are the proprietary property of M3 or our licensors or users and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services and M3 Materials; however, such license is subject to these Terms and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Services or the M3 Materials, unless otherwise authorized by M3; (b) the distribution, public performance or public display of any M3 Materials; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Services and the M3 Materials, or any portion thereof, unless modification or derivative use is specifically provided for under separate terms; (d) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Services, the M3 Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Services; or (f) any use of the Services or the M3 Materials other than for their intended purposes. Any use of the Services or the M3 Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of M3, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
6. Trademarks"M3," "M3 Information," "WhatsMyM3," "M3Clinician," the M3 logo and any other M3 product or service names or slogans contained on the Services are trademarks of M3, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of M3 or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing "M3" or any other name, trademark or product or service name of M3 without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Services, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of M3 and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and names or logos mentioned in the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
7. HyperlinksYou are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a text hyperlink to the Services for noncommercial purposes, provided such link does not portray M3 or any of our products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. This limited right may be revoked at any time. You may not use an M3 logo or other proprietary graphic of M3 to link to the Services without the express written permission of M3. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any M3 trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found on the Services, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page of the Services without M3's express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary right of M3 or any third party.
M3 makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third-party websites accessible via hyperlink or websites linking to the Services. Such sites are not under the control of M3 and M3 is not responsible for any embedded content or the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. M3 may provide these links as a convenience to you, but the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by M3 of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Services, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern, and the policies of those third party sites will now apply. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Services.
8. Third Party ContentM3 may provide third party content on the Services and may provide links to web pages and content of third parties (collectively the "Third Party Content") as a service to those interested in this information. M3 does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that M3 is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Users use such Third Party Content at their own risk.
9. Advertisements and Promotions; Third-Party Products and ServicesM3 may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Services or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party products or services on the Services. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and such third party. M3 is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of non-M3 advertisements or other third party information on the Services.
10. User Content and ConductThe Services may include interactive areas where you or other users can create, post or store content, messages, materials, data, graphics, information or other items or materials on the Services (collectively, "User Content"). You are solely responsible for your use of such interactive areas and agree that you use them at your own risk. You further agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Services any of the following:
- User Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- User Content that, in the sole judgment of M3, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Services, or which may expose M3 or our users to any harm or liability of any type.
You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to the Services; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
You further agree that you are solely responsible for your conduct while on the Services, and you agree that you will not do any of the following in connection with the Services or our users:
- Use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of the Services in any manner;
- Impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with, a person or entity;
- Stalk, intimidate, threaten, or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to other users;
- Send any unsolicited commercial messages;
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or engage in, encourage or promote any illegal activity or any activity that violates these Terms; or
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures or other features.
M3 takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, or for any user conduct, nor is M3 liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Enforcement of the user content or conduct rules set forth in these Terms is solely at M3's discretion, and failure to enforce such rules in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such rules in other instances. In addition, these rules do not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules. Although M3 has no obligation to assessment, edit or monitor User Content, M3 reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, assessment or edit any User Content posted or stored on the Services at any time, for any reason and without notice, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Services at your sole cost and expense. Any use of the Services in violation of these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Services.
If you post User Content to the Services, you grant M3 a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such User Content solely for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you request.
11. SubmissionsSeparate and apart from User Content, you may submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information about M3 or our Services (collectively, "Submissions"), but note that Submissions are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of M3. M3 shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
12. IndemnificationYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless M3, our independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and our respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to (a) your use of the Services; (b) any User Content or Submissions you provide; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of another; or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services.
13. DisclaimerEXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY M3, THE SERVICES AND M3 MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. M3 DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN. M3 DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR M3 MATERIALS ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. WHILE M3 ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES SAFE, M3 CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR OUR SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
14. Limitation of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL M3, OR OUR DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE M3 MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAILS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO M3'S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF M3, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR TO THESE TERMS EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO M3 FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Modifications to the ServicesM3 reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services, or any features or portions thereof, without prior notice. You agree that M3 will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services, or any part thereof.
16. Governing Law; ArbitrationPLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH M3 AND IT LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF.
Services, except that you and M3 are not required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents. ARBITRATION PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR FROM HAVING A JURY TRIAL. You and M3 agree that you will notify each other of any dispute within thirty (30) days of when it arises, that you will attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration, that any arbitration will occur in Rockville, Maryland and that arbitration will be conducted confidentially by a single arbitrator in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association. You and M3 also agree that the state or federal courts in Montgomery County, Maryland have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals of an arbitration award and over any suit between the parties not subject to arbitration. Other than class procedures and remedies discussed below, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court. WHETHER THE DISPUTE IS HEARD IN ARBITRATION OR IN COURT, YOU AND M3 WILL NOT COMMENCE AGAINST THE OTHER A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.